At Indian Springs School, our aim is to foster a healthy learning environment. We are staying informed of the CDC’s latest recommendations and will continue to update our plans throughout the coming months.
The following information is a summary of our health plan for campus re-entry in the fall:
- Students, faculty, and staff will be expected to wear a mask while at school each day. Indian Springs will have extra masks if a student forgets one.
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet will be required at all times.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout campus. Students, faculty, and staff will be encouraged to clean their hands frequently and upon entrance to any building or classroom.
- Education and communication regarding hand washing, social distancing, covering coughs and sneezes, and other advice on stopping the spread of COVID-19 will be ongoing for students, faculty, and staff.
- Temperatures will be checked every morning as day students arrive on campus. Boarding students will have temperatures checked every morning upon leaving the dorms. Faculty and staff will also have their temperature checked every morning. Anyone with a temperature of 99.6 degrees Fahrenheit will be sent home if a day student or to Student Health Services if a boarding student. Any temperature reading of 99.6 degrees Fahrenheit or higher is considered a fever for testing protocols. If a student is sent home, they will be able to engage in our distance learning and will not miss their classes.
- Students, faculty, and staff will be required to answer a daily health questionnaire.
- Students, faculty, and staff who feel ill are asked to remain home and monitor symptoms. Students may engage in distance learning from home and will not miss their classes.
- If a student feels sick during the day, they will be asked to contact Student Health Services. A nurse will assess the student’s symptoms.
- Parents of day students and local boarding students will be notified and asked to pick up students from campus within one hour if at all possible unless immediate attention is needed.
- Boarding students will immediately be isolated in a private room on campus. Students will wear a mask when in isolation. Boarding students will then be taken for COVID-19 testing and the Alabama Department of Health will be notified.
- Indian Springs School will follow the directions of the Alabama Department of Health regarding follow up care and communications after a COVID-19 diagnosis.
- Before returning to campus, students, faculty, and staff must be cleared by Student Health Services after a positive COVID-19 diagnosis.
Indian Springs School will immediately report a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 or an outbreak of unknown respiratory illness associated with the campus to the Alabama Department of Public Health.